When the funfair comes to town
>> Download <<
* Features of the school-based English Language Curriculum *
Key Stage One (KS1): P.1-P.3
Primary Literacy Programme - Reading & Writing (PLP-R/W)
- Our local English language teachers work collaboratively with a native-speaking English teacher (NET) in PLP-R/W lessons in which students participate in a structured and developmental literacy programme.
Whole Language Approach:
- We use MAGIC BOX instead of textbooks as our teaching materials starting from P.1 this year. Together with the phonics programme, the materials can foster students’ skills in learning English to a larger extent and expose them more to authentic English.
School-based Phonics Programme:
- A systematic phonics programme is incorporated into our curriculum to raise students’ phonemic awareness and decoding ability. In addition, by listening to and reading aloud a wide variety of storybooks, students can increase their motivation and confidence when learning English.
Key Stage Two (KS2): P.4-P.6
- Our local English teachers are developing reading units to arouse students' interest and further enhance English literacy and moral values.
Promoting 'Reading across the Curriculum (RaC)' is funded by PEEGS
* English Activities for Students *
- The Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival: the Solo Verse Speaking & the Choral Speaking
- English Calligraphy Competition
- English Morning Assembly on Day 2
- Lunchtime English Song Dedication on Day 2
- Chatting with NET
- English Fun Day
- Various Competitions such as creative writing, reading aloud, story-telling, etc.